Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lemonade

This weekend has been a hit! Being home is such a refreshing feeling after the elongated GA vacation. Even though Georgia was not meant to be a vacation what-so-ever.. It had this feeling like it was since I was in a completely different atmosphere.

Georgia had its perks and it had it's downfalls as well. A bitter sweet realization the peachy state threw at me was you don't know how much you love and appreciate your friends until they are 800 miles away and the only creature that will go for a car ride with you is the cat. Yes, I moved there for the boyfriend at the time- now husband (YAY!), but, since this is a military lifestyle he is gone, a lot. That is another thing.

In this crazy thing called 'military-spousedom' you don't have control when the husband (or wife) leaves, nor do you have control when they come back. Please take a sledge hammer to my face. That is also the beauty of being a military spouse. How many people do you know that could do this beautiful act? Go ahead, count, don't worry i'll wait.. ;) If your spouse is in the military you know how much bullshit and hurt it brings, but in that big pile of shit there is so much honor, love, compassion, and pride out of being a military spouse.

I can't get it out of my head how contridicting this lifestyle is. One day you hold your head so high and proudly say my spouse serves this country and listen to the women say Oh my goodness how do you deal with him being gone (annoying)?!! Then the next day your head could be so low the waterworks turn on in the middle of Target(not because you're not proud, but because you want your husband back!).

I'm so lucky to have the most wonderful, supportive spouse. Even though I am alone, I know I still have my team mate when duty calls and he will be leaving his dirty boots around the house in a couple months. There might be a lot of lonely evenings, broken hearts, worries and moving, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment